Don't Wait To Tell People How Much They Mean To You

Un-communicated feelings mean squat! People don't know how you feel until you tell them how you feel. Over twenty years ago my best friend died of cancer. Randy was 41. He was successful, competent, always positive and loved and lived life to the fullest then he was gone.

There was one thing missing in his life. In 41 years his father was never able to tell him that he was proud of him, loved him and believed in him. That was the only thing Randy ever wanted from his father and in 41 years he never got any of them.

At his funeral I am convinced, that if his father could have waved a magic wand over his casket and had one wish, it would have been to have one more chance to tell his son how special and loved he was. He'll never get that chance. It is too late for him. He will live the rest of his life with that regret.

For three years while Randy was fighting the cancer with every fiber of his being, every time I say him I gave him a bear hug and told him how special he was, how much I loved him and how proud I was of him.

Randy has been gone now for sixteen years. I miss him. His father misses him, but I don't have to live with the regret that I never told Randy what he meant to me. His father does.

It may still not be too late for you.

Is there someone in you life, anyone, that would love to or needs to have some special words of love, encouragement or support from you. Is there someone that deserves and wants to hear the words and not have to "just intuitively know" how you feel. Life speeds by leaving many un-said words in its wake. The ground is littered with dead intentions of words not spoken - deeds not done.

Again, people don't know how you feel until you tell them how you feel.

How about you?

I'll bet there is someone you can call, visit or write to that once done, would make their day as well as yours brighter and possibly contribute to long term peace in your life as well as theirs.

Don't wait. Do it now. There is still time for you.

Time passes, all too quickly for all of us my friend. Blink - your best friend is gone. Hesitate - your parents are gone. Pause - your spouse, children and sibling are gone. Negative? Depressing? Sad? Painful thoughts, yes, but theses are nothing compared to the lifelong regrets that you will suffer with words left unspoken. Don't wait until it is too late. I am sure there is someone you need to call today to tell them how special they are and that you love them. Don't wait another minute. Time is running out.

If you have lost someone recently I would urge you to buy my book, The Last Goodbye, Saying Yes to Life After The Loss of a Loved one. You can get it on my website.

Remember Harry Chapin's song, Cat's in a Cradle? If you are too young to remember it find it somewhere and listen to it. If you remember it, why not dust it off and listen one more time!

Have a great week,



Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Is Your Self-Talk Sabotaging Your Relationship And Your Peace?

Coaching Men How To Communicate Suavely With Women